Tuesday, June 4, 2013

IG Learner Challenge #2

*SPOILERS* Highlight to read.
This challenge was more difficult than the last since you must look through the application's source to figure out what the passphrase is. My first step was pulling the learner application off of my phone so I could decompile it. I then used the dex2jar utility to convert it to a jar file and used the jd-gui utility to view the source. For whatever reason, the application was not obfuscated, meaning that all of the class and variable names were intact, making searching through it very easy. I looked in the lesson2activity class under com.intrepidusgroup.learner and figured out the code relating to the naming of the file. I will let you do the same, but once you figure out how the name is generated, it is simple to piece together the name of the application from the date and your phone number.

No comments:

Post a Comment