Tuesday, June 4, 2013

IG Learner Challenge #3

*SPOILERS* Highlight to read.
I was fairly disappointed by this challenge. I decompiled it just like the other one and started looking through the code. I was (rather stupidly) confounded for a long time by looking at lesson3activity since I couldn't find where it checked the input against a key. I eventually realized that, in addition to lesson3activity there was lesson3handlerActivity, which prominently displayed at the top  "final String unlockkey = "crazyurihandler";". Lo and behold, I entered iglearner://www.intrepidusgroup.com/crazyurihandler and I am greeted with "UNLOCKED. Challenge is completed." It was sort of an undramatic conclusion to the lesson. I love the idea of the app and I am very grateful that Roman created it, but I feel as though it could have included the URI handler in some way that forces the user to learn about URIs to be able to complete the task. 

No comments:

Post a Comment